This was an early effort in the Old Fourth Ward area. Located across Glen Iris Drive from the Ponce City Market (formerly the Sears Building), Miller used historic rehabilitation tax credits for a private placement of equity from a number of investors interested in neighborhood revitalization. Built as an industrial laundry in the 1920s, it is one of the few remaining buildings in Atlanta with art deco detailing from that era. Facing environmental contamination from cleaning solvents, Miller was able to work through the remediation to deliver a project worthy of an award from the Atlanta Urban Design Commission. It converted to condominiums with an additional rehabilitation in 2007-2008.
Troy Peerless Lofts Before 1950s
Troy Peerless Lofts After
Troy Peerless 1950’s building